I spent a little bit of time trying to figure this out, to be honest – it’s available in quite a few locations on google, but I thought I’d add it here as well. The basic problem is, you have your template / theme etc for your control in a separate project;
MyThemes : DateTimeThemes/Theme1.xaml etc
and you want to use this as a resource for your control, how?
You add into your Resources element (be it in Window.Resources or UserControl.Resources), like so:
<ResourceDictionary Source="/MyThemes;component/Themes/Theme1.xaml" />
What’s important here is that the word ‘component’ is as spelt, you don’t replace it with anything (like ‘MyComponent’ for example), just leave it as is.
is the name of the dll, which isn’t necessarily the name of the project – (though that would only change if you’ve changed those properties).
Reshaper 3.x doesn’t support .net 3.0 constructs – so things like ‘var’ and the LINQ extensions (where, etc) just turn up as red squigglies. Version 4 of Resharper will support the constructs, but as the EAP versions of Resharper aren’t even on version 4 we’re probably a little way off.
So for now – rather than turning off the whole of Resharper to get rid of the errors, you can just press CTRL+8 (that’s with the resharper keyboard mappings – or if that doesn’t work, have a look in the Visual Studio Keyboard options and look for ‘Resharper_EnableDaemon‘).
I’m happy today as I’ve written my first bit of Production LINQ code in the form of LINQ-to-XML.
It’s not the most complicated bit of code – only a grabbing of data from a file, but it does do what it says on the tin – uses C# 3.0 and (unfortunately) causes Resharper to complain on a constant basis 🙂
I’ve been having a little bit of trouble lately with WPF, in particular the rendering of an image on the header of the TabItem or GroupBox headers (for example), I have the following code:
Which renders fine in Visual Studio, but the minute I run the app – F5ing – The image isn’t displayed.
It took me a while to figure out – even though the image is in the right location, it’s not actually part of the solution, i.e. I hadn’t added it to the Images folder of the solution. When added there (so it was visible in the solution explorer), happy days!
Recently a post from one of my ex-colleagues got me interested in working my way through a set of problems at the ‘Project Euler‘ site. He piqued my interest, and I started working my way through them (not at any great speed mind – I’ve only done 4 so far – and I’ve been doing it for 3 days!!).
Then he posted another post about the problems and solving them in a functional way rather than errr…. non-functional – thanks Steve! Now I feel compelled to look into the functional world, and with good reason from a .net development point of view.
F# is the Microsoft Research functional language, and is designed to fit in nicely with the .NET framework, and (indeed) Visual Studio. To be honest, I haven’t explored much beyond looking at the examples and playing with them – but it looks good. In line with what Steve (hackinghat.com) said, I too haven’t really played with functional programming since uni, though in my case, that’s only 4-5 years ago now 🙂
Until I can afford to buy my own hosting, I’ve opted to move my blog from my spaces location (cskardon.spaces.live.com) to the multiple tag freedom of wordpress!
(There will be more coming – I promise :))